The project involved the construction of a large basement and podium with 7No. RC Frames. 5no ofthese frames arising from the podium and 2no frames stand alone. The frames varied from 6 storeys to14 storeys in height.
The bulk dig had to be sequenced to suit the clients requirements. As the basementdig was adjacent to the Grand Union Canal, a complex temporary works sequence had to be devised andadhered to ensure no ground movement occurred on the public footpath between the excavation andcanal.
A very busy sequenced project with 5no blocks, basement/podium construction and associateddrainage/ground works all ongoing at same time. 3no towers cranes serving this project.
- 7No. Concrete Frames.
- 20,000m3 bulk excavation.
- Canal supporting temporary works scheme.
- Waterproof concrete basement.
- Drainage & services including connection to Live Outfall Sewer.
- Assistance with design, planning, muck strategy and constructability during pre-contract stage.
- Temporary works solution to canal embankment and basement dig.
- In-house design of cyclical falsework and formwork system to reduce plant costs.
- Introduction and use of Precast columns and stairs to accelerate the programme to compensate for clientdelays.
- Strategic planning for all lifting works to overcome issues with client-supplied craneage .
- Design input for hold-areas including retaining wall construction to release RC frame construction.
- Implementing a cut-to-fill plan to limit the mount of spoil.